Broken fedora 17 buildroot

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:48:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:01:33 -0800, Elio Maldonado wrote:

> The problem is that there are four packages, nspr, nss-util,
> nss-softokn, nss, and nspr expired sooner that the others as sometines
> nss takes me longer. we have two options: (1) expire all of them or (2)
> edit overrides to extend some so they end at the same time. Given that
> keeping them in buildroot-override more than needed is frowned upon I
> should opt for (1) if there aren't any objections. By the way, as soon
> as the builds make it to updates-testing they are removed from buildroot
> but we can't always count on good timing.

There is another option: (3) prepare your upgrades with a local build
using Mock and including your own local testing repo. Especially if your
builds have so strict inter-dependencies that they will really require
buildroot overrides in koji.

> keeping them in buildroot-override more than needed is frowned upon

As one could see. Breaking the buildroot (for everyone) is bad. Obviously.
Adding buildroot overrides that might affect other builds in unknown ways
bears a risk. That's why it may be necessary to (1) expire them quickly
as soon as you need more time and until the full show is ready to be built.

HTH
--
Michael Schwendt
Fedora release 19 (Rawhide) - Linux 3.8.0-0.rc6.git0.1.fc19.x86_64