Broken fedora 17 buildroot

Elio Maldonado emaldona at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 20:35:15 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 11:48 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 11:01:33 -0800, Elio Maldonado wrote:
>
>> The problem is that there are four packages, nspr, nss-util,
>> nss-softokn, nss, and nspr expired sooner that the others as sometines
>> nss takes me longer. we have two options: (1) expire all of them or (2)
>> edit overrides to extend some so they end at the same time. Given that
>> keeping them in buildroot-override more than needed is frowned upon I
>> should opt for (1) if there aren't any objections. By the way, as soon
>> as the builds make it to updates-testing they are removed from buildroot
>> but we can't always count on good timing.
> There is another option: (3) prepare your upgrades with a local build
> using Mock and including your own local testing repo. Especially if your
> builds have so strict inter-dependencies that they will really require
> buildroot overrides in koji.
Yes, I am glad you mention it. See:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updating_NSS
and the git repo  - git clone
git://fedorapeople.org/~emaldonado/nssmockbuilds4fedora.git
<git://fedorapeople.org/%7Eemaldonado/nssmockbuilds4fedora.git>
I wrote it for pre-flight tests and prevent nss updates don't break
packages that depend on nss,
sometimes indirectly. It's a bit crude and needs a lot of work. We are
now actively working on it.
It doesn't yet address the buildroot override pieces expiring to soon
issues which is
a manual process and only being vigilant will can do it.