Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Debarshi Ray rishi.is at lostca.se
Fri Feb 8 20:36:35 UTC 2013

>> I'm an Ambassador and this proposal is confusing me.
>> We have LibreOffice in our repositories; I think that bring back
>> Apache OpenOffice generates only confusion between users, not freedom
>> of choice.
>>
> The confusion is already there in Windows world, linux user should be
> more capable of treating it as freedom of choice instead of confusion.

Only if you think free software is meant only for those who spend all their
time crawling the Internet to keep track of every little drama going on in
the technology world.

If you consider that free software is meant for everybody, irrespective of
their technical abilities, then, yes, it creates too much confusion.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If computers are going to revolutionize education, then steam engines and cars
and electricity would have done it too.  -- Arjun Shankar