Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:44:27 UTC 2013

Thanks for all developers' great work. Here I have two questions about
cluster.

MariaDB stays in Fedora repository now, however, Galera Cluster does not
contain in MariaDB. MariaDB with Galera Cluster is marked as stable. Is
there any plan to enable Galera Cluster feature.

NDBCluster Engine was dropped in Fedora since MySQL 5.1.43. Now MariaDB has
replaced MySQL. Could we also change MySQL package too? Re-enable
NDBCluster? I know MySQL Cluster has different source tarball. There is a
lot of difficulties. Will official MySQL developers help communities? I
hope so.

Sent from Transformer Prime
Remi Collet wrote:

> Le 09/02/2013 19:08, Alfredo Kojima a écrit :
>> Whenever we need to use a 3rd party lib that no distribution ships,
>> we're stuck thinking whether it's better to ship it ourselves or just
>> leave out everything, forcing users and packagers to fetch them
>> externally. Can you shed some light?

(quoting the quote there because the original message is not available in
Gmane)

Just require the external library and distros WILL ship it. :-)

        Kevin Kofler