Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 16:22:58 UTC 2013

Liang Suilong <liangsuilong at gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for all developers' great work. Here I have two questions about
> cluster.

> MariaDB stays in Fedora repository now, however, Galera Cluster does not
> contain in MariaDB. MariaDB with Galera Cluster is marked as stable. Is
> there any plan to enable Galera Cluster feature.

> NDBCluster Engine was dropped in Fedora since MySQL 5.1.43. Now MariaDB has
> replaced MySQL. Could we also change MySQL package too? Re-enable
> NDBCluster? I know MySQL Cluster has different source tarball. There is a
> lot of difficulties. Will official MySQL developers help communities? I
> hope so.

AFAICS, neither of these are things that we could or would want to
integrate into the core mysql^H^H^Hmariadb packages.  So what this
comes down to is whether there's somebody who wants to maintain them
as separate Fedora packages.  (I don't personally want to.)  We'd have
to work out how they would coexist or conflict with the core packages.

			regards, tom lane