Proposed F19 Feature (exception): Kolab 3

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 23:05:54 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 11.02.2013, 12:42 -0800 schrieb Toshio Kuratomi:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 04:24:11PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 11.02.2013, 13:38 +0000 schrieb Jaroslav Reznik:
> >      2. Even if we don't make it, there is absolutely zero impact on the
> >         release.
>
> based on this, seems like just a set of new packages.  I'd be willing to +1
> based on this.
>
> I do see that there are some packages already in the distro that are being
> used by kolab, for instance roundcubemail.  Are those simply dependencies?
> They don't need any modification in order to work with kolab?

Kolab doesn't require any changes in other packages.

roundcube needed a couple of modifications, but these have been
happening upstream. Kolab Systems is the driving force behind the
roundcube development. A lot of work has gone into the address book and
the plugin interface, but this is not Kolab-specific and already
included in the Fedora packages.

Same goes for other cyrus and others. We've upstreamed *all* our
patches. The days where we had to patch php are over. That was a no-go
for Fedora and now that this blocker is gone, I'd like to see Kolab in
Fedora ASAP.

Kind regards,
Christoph