Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 12:34:36 UTC 2013

On 02/12/2013 09:10 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Okay, so you suggest to do nothing - neither append the includedir line
> to the existing my.cnf nor let mariadb read /etc/my.cnf.d/ automatically
> and implicitly.
>
> That's fine :)
> I was only trying to find an alternative to "let mariadb read
> /etc/my.cnf.d implicitly" - because I don't like an idea of adding more
> magic to the server, it has more than enough of it already.

Going back to the original idea -- it was that users will be confused if
they'll see files under /etc/my.cnf.d/* which they can enhance but it
won't take any effect. Well, adding a README file into /etc/my.cnf.d or
some comments into files in that directory or even both, that would
simply describe the need of !includedir, should just work. That
shouldn't do any harm and should reduce confusing.

Honza