ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:32:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:15:07 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> First thing audacious did was spew
> random errors to the screen and change my Firefox and emacs cursors.

Interesting, but here it has never done that before.

> Then it ask which of the most recent minecraft jar files I wanted to
> listen to.  When I finally located my *music* folder in its playlist
> chooser, it refused to play my shoutcast streams, instead filling the
> log window with more useless errors.  I managed to find one .wav it
> would play,

Odd. It can certainly play a lot more formats than just WAV, though for
MP3'n'stuff you need plug-in packages from RPM Fusion.

> and it defaulted to 120% volume which made it sound like
> crap (well, more like crap, since I still haven't figured out how to
> get pulseaudio to use my digital audio outputs).

It includes an ALSA output plug-in, too, but defaults to Pulse Audio.
Apparently, you've not used XMMS with "xmms-pulse" either (because that
one suffers from several volume related issues).

--
Fedora release 19 (Rawhide) - Linux 3.8.0-0.rc7.git0.1.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.61 0.46 0.32