Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 15 03:13:11 UTC 2013

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Well, unless Oracle as upstream wants to get involved as downstream
> maintainers in Fedora as well.  They did offer to do that but don't seem
> to have stepped up yet.

I really don't see what we have to gain from having 2 conflicting versions
of MySQL in Fedora. It'd be a big mess not only for our users, but also for
the software in Fedora which depends on it. For the same reason, I'm also
opposed to the plan of having MySQL and MariaDB coexist for one release. We
should really move to MariaDB with hard Obsoletes and then ship only that.

        Kevin Kofler