Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:38:06 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 05:40 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Norvald H. Ryeng wrote:

>>> Well, unless Oracle as upstream wants to get involved as downstream
>>> maintainers in Fedora as well.  They did offer to do that but don't seem
>>> to have stepped up yet.
>>
>> Let's do it now, then. :-)
>>
>> We want to keep the MySQL package in Fedora and are willing to co-maintain
>> or take over maintainership if nobody else will do it. We haven't really
>> discussed this with the current maintainers yet, but from the discussions on
>> this list it seems they're not interested in maintaining the package after
>> F19. If us stepping up changes that, we are happy to co-maintain.
>>
>> Any input on how we can and should proceed is welcome.
>>
> The steps to become a Fedora package maintainer is well documented in the wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>
> The package is not banned. Nobody is stopping a potential MySQL
> maintainer in Fedora.

Tom has proposed to make it significantly harder with...

"Perhaps it would be best to continue that naming tradition, ie
establish a new Oracle-maintained Fedora package named "MySQL", instead
of figuring out how to transition maintainership of the "mysql"
packages. This would give us some more wiggle room about managing the
transition --- in particular, it's hard to see how we manage
Obsoletes/Provides linkages in any sane fashion if the "mysql" package
name continues in use."

New package name,new package review etc. vs transferred (or co)
maintainership all done to make the mariadb maintainers life easier.

JBG