Fortran module ABI issue

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Sun Feb 17 05:36:48 UTC 2013

Often (though not always) with new GCC versions there is a new version
for Fortran modules that is incompatible with old versions.  An example
error is here from the rebuild of the netcdf-fortran package:

   use mpi
       1
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'mpi.mod' opened at (1), because it
was created by a different version of GNU Fortran

In the short term, we're going to need to get mpich2-1.5-2.fc19 tagged
into the buildroot in order to rebuild netcdf-fortran and any other
fortran module users.

We also really need a fortran module ABI virtual provides/requires I
think to handle this properly.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com