headsup for llvm-3.2

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 11:01:10 UTC 2013

> Are there any plans to bring this to F18?

Good question

> There was talk about bringing 3.1 to F17 including some support from
> the Mesa guys but then nothing actually happened. I would really
> like it if I could go through F18 without having to build my own
> private parallel installable llvm 3.2 (i need the c++11 memory model
> support introduced in 3.2 for my lock free algorithms).

I think it would still be good to do the 3.1 backport to F17.

3.2 requires newer Mesa and also some other version bumps
of reverse deps but perhaps it could be done later for F18
after it has been tested in Rawhide?

But I am not the package owner or comaintainer and
still kind of new to llvm so it is not really my call at this point.

I am planning now to push llvm-3.2 hopefully after the F19 Mass Rebuild
finishes (actually wish I had gotten it in before...).

Jens