Unhelpful update descriptions

Debarshi Ray rishi.is at lostca.se
Thu Mar 14 22:24:22 UTC 2013

> I see one problem with this approach: we're bound to have some update
> slipping into stable which breaks something that isn't caught in
> testing. If we do something like that, there needs to be a "fast lane"
> for updates fixing such broken updates so people don't have to wait a
> month for the fix. Unless...

Yes, ofcourse.

To me the idea is loosely analogous to having freezes before a release, and
there is always the possibility of freeze breaks, exceptions and what not.

> I don't know about Spot's plan you mentioned, where
> can I find information about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCE4dBCowRk

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If computers are going to revolutionize education, then steam engines and cars
and electricity would have done it too.  -- Arjun Shankar