fedora release name problem

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:26:59 UTC 2013

On 20 March 2013 15:35, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On 03/20/2013 03:59 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>>
>> On Ter, 2013-03-19 at 14:29 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
>

>> hi, state my point of view , my last email just go to Chris Murphy
>> thing is, we introduce one ö (my keyboard don't have it) is like what I
>> have to leave with my é of Sérgio and one apostrophe , so cases complete
>> different. I bet ö will give much more problems .
>
> No. Both cases are almost equivalent. Both are non-ASCII and both are
> covered by UTF-8. Both chars are part of most European ISO 8859 variants.
>
> Whether "é" or "ö" is more common to individuals is just a matter of ones
> language/locale/script. ö is more common in North European languages (and
> German, my keyboard has it), "é" is more common in South European languages
> (my keyboard has it hidden under a multi-key sequence).

I think Sergio is referring to the thing I also missed, there is an
apostrophe in the release name as well as an umlaut. That may be ASCII
(though there are higher unicode points for specific apostrophes, not
sure that was a great idea...), but obviously has a different set of
potential problems (which you'd hope would be easier to fix).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk