fedora-release-$PRODUCT, /etc/issue, /etc/os-release, Per-Product Configs and more!

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 10 15:22:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 07:04:21AM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/server-wg/server-wg.2014-02-25-16.00.html
> That's why I said the *specific* netinstall he was asking for. The
> Fedora Server netinstall wouldn't be producing a non-productized
> result, which is what he asked for: "4.  There would be, at least, a
> net install CD to install a traditional "non-productized" Fedora system."

Which totally makes sense from the Server WG pov, of course. Digging further
into the logs, I find

16:42:53 <nirik> mitr: I guess I'd be ok with that... then leave netinstall
  for base

Since I know Base has decided to include anaconda in their circle, I'm going
to ask if that group is interested in producing a non-productized minimal
netinstall -- possibly as a spin. If they're not, this is probably a "help
wanted" for someone else interested in this existing.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>