PROPOSAL: Make AppData files mandatory for applications shown in the software center

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 12:58:44 UTC 2014

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/204026.html

> I want to take on some of the
> scientific packages, but I don't know if someone has already filed requests
> with upstream or if they are working on any of them. Is there such a page
> somewhere?

I've already created bugs for at least any upstream that used
launchpad, sourceforge, gnome bugzilla, fedora trac, RH bugzilla,
Freedesktop bugzilla, or had an easy way to report bugs that didn't
require signing up to a random forum. I've even reported some bugs
that *did* require signing up to random php trackers. The best way of
finding the upstream bug is google, e.g.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=appdata+subsurface

> Please go easy on me, new guy learning the ropes here.

Please yell if anything doesn't make sense; I'm also on IRC with a
nick of "hughsie" if you want any more help.

Richard.