Accessing/Logging into the pkgdb

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Nov 21 10:52:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:33:57AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/21/2014 10:30 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 08:52:23AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >>for unknown reasons, I can't login to the pkgdb anymore.
> >
> >Could you maybe described a little more the issue?
>
> I am going to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb and then press on the
> "login" button on the top-right and end up on
> https://id.fedoraproject.org/authenticate/fedoauth.auth.fas.Auth_FAS/?transaction=....

So far so good :)

> >Do you see the login screen (username/password)?
> Yes.

So what happens after your enter them? Do you see an error message of some sort?

> >Is the problem only with pkgdb?
> I don't know.
>
> All I can say is https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/login works.

Could you try one of fedocal, elections or nuancier, just try the login.
Bodhi doesn't yet use OpenID, so while it shows that your password works maybe
there is something withe OpenID or with pkgdb itself.

> >Have you tried the election app, fedocal, the
> >wiki or FAS itself?
> Not recently. To me, symptoms look as if I've somehow lost/forgotten my
> account name or password. I am usually storing them in Mozilla's password
> manager, because I have so many accounts/passwords I am having difficulties
> to remember them. I would not want to exclude not to correctly recall them
> or having lost it (I recently upgraded the machine I am currently using to
> F21).
>
> >>There is no "request reset password" button nor
> >>other helpful information available on the login screen.
> >
> >Ftr the login screen you mention isn't part of pkgdb but part of FedOAuth which
> >is our OpenID provider that almost all our applications currently use.
> :--)
>
> >To change your password you would have to go to FAS itself.
> What does this mean?

It was in response to: `There is no "request reset password" button` if you
wanted to change your password, you would have to do it in FAS.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Pierre