DNF as default package manager

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 00:45:21 UTC 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 8:00, Jan Zelený <jzeleny at redhat.com> wrote:

> Also I'd like to point out that if two packages offer the same provide, by
> definition it means they are 100% exchangeable from the perspective of that
> functionality.

This is very, very wrong.  Even minor differences in packaging and API can break stable configurations when they occur without notice. The classic example is "mysql-libs", which every MySQL fork includes and which are incompatible with components from other forks, and for which updates cause mixed updated from different major forks. Hilarity ensues.