Self introduction: Jonathan Wakely

Jonathan Wakely jwakely at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 13:34:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm planning to become a Fedora packager so am introducing myself
here.

I started using Red Hat Linux in about 1996 or 1997 and have used
GNU/Linux for all my personal computers ever since (moving from RHL to
Fedora Core and then to Fedora). I've used a variety of unix-like
systems at work, but mainly Red Hat derivatives (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS
and Scientific Linux).

I've been involved with GCC for many years and am one of the
maintainers of the C++ runtime libraries (libstdc++). Since January
2014 I've been doing that full-time, working at Red Hat in the Tools
team.

I'm also the author of one package included in Fedora, pstreams-devel,
so would be happy to help with the packaging for that.

I'm looking forward to contributing to Fedora, after getting so much
enjoyment and benefit from it for so long.

Jonathan