Lots of emails about `pkgdb created branch 'f21' ...'

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 18:50:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 08:08:58AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:48:26 +0000
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The other one was:
> >
> >   Subject: pkgdb created branch 'el6' for the 'mingw-zlib' package
> >
> > But actually I think that was is correct, since that branch *was*
> > created a little earlier than the email.
>
> Yeah, so the problem is that our script looks for branch heads in
> git/refs/heads/ which is fine, but git helpfully 'packs' this stuff if
> it decides it's a good idea. It did this for the libguestfs repo. ;(
>
> So, we need to adjust our script to run git show-refs --heads instead
> of just looking in the directory.
>
> Oh, as a side note, I see you updated f20 branch, but not f21? Was
> that intentional? The upgrade path is broken by that...

I think it was temporarily in that state this morning, but it should
be fixed by now.  However I realized that I didn't file a Bodhi update
for f20, which I've just done.

F20 (1.26.10): https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.26.10-1.fc20
F21 (1.28.6):  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-1691/libguestfs-1.28.6-1.fc21
F22 (1.29.29): https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.29.29-1.fc22