New notifications

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:35:22 UTC 2015

Changing the subject to something more appropriate.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> We have changed the way notifications are sent to the scm-commits mailing list.
> Before we had notification sent by the git hook, by pkgdb, by X Y and Z.
> With the move to production of FMN a little while ago, we had in mind of
> switching the notifications to scm-commits to use this system, and over the last
> hour we have done it.
>
> So emails sent to scm-commits now come from FMN, allowing, for example,
> consolidation of the pkgdb notifications.
>
> So I guess your email filter might have to be adjusted for this change.

Okay, I've got 3 filters set:
- Mentions of my @username
- Events on packages that I own
- Events referring to my username

But I'm getting LOTS of notification emails that, as far as I can see,
have nothing to do with my username or any package that I own.  I
don't understand how to adjust my filters to make those stop.

Furthermore, there is still the issue that the link at the bottom of
the email notifications is not useful.  Clicking on those links just
returns an HTTP 403, which is not helpful.  Trying to dissect them
with my apparently uninformed brain is not teaching me anything.  What
am I supposed to be able to glean from those links?  I need a Rosetta
Stone....

Thanks,
--
Jerry James