libvpx got soname bump and no one noticed?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:32:35 UTC 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015 22:39:30 +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> F22 got released so I upgraded my machine from F22 to rawhide. But as
> usual it meant rebuilding rpmfusion packages (as they do not support
> rawhide).
>
> All went quite good. Except installing:
>
> Error: package ffmpeg-libs-2.6.2-3.fc23.x86_64 requires
> libvpx.so.2()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed.
>
> Why's that?
>
> libvpx 1.4.0 bumped libvpx.so.1 -> libvpx.so.2 and I did not found any
> mail about it on fedora-devel ML (maybe such mails are not required, no
> idea - many such were sent). Most of rawhide is built against libvpx
> 1.3.0 so old soname is required.

spot did the upgrade and rebuilds. See e.g. the %changelog entry in
package "pcb" from early April.

> Simple 'dnf remove "libvpx.so.1()(64bit)"' on my rawhide shows 512
> packages including wine, kde, gstreamer plugins and lot of other stuff.

A lot less than 512:

  $ repoquery --whatrequires libvpx|grep -v i686|wc -l
  54

And that's with the default --alldeps already.

Yet the daily rawhide report does not list any broken dep related to
libvpx. It seems to me all deps have been rebuilt.

> How to solve it? I am afraid that answer would be "wait 2 months, we
> will slowly solve it by new uploads" ;(

Get rpmfusion to rebuild, too. http://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org if
necessary.