Confusion about using CVS

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Sat Mar 4 06:50:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I finished the translation of the CVS' pt_BR.po for the release notes,
as you have noted by the cvs commits. But I'm a little confused about
using the CVS for release notes right now. For this reason, I'm sending
this email.

First I was told to get a updated and clean tree for docs-common and
release notes with:

============
$ cvs co docs-common release-notes
============

Then grab the translation freeze tag to begin translation:

============
$ cvs up -r release-notes-FC-5-ISO-trans-freeze \
   docs-common release-notes
============

Then I created the po/pt_BR copying from the po/RELEASE-NOTES.pot and
began translating. I finished in the past two days. Then I changed the
Makefile to add the pt_BR target for building.

I commited the changes to a Non-Tagged version. So the modifications
will go to the updated and current tree. Is this right? Or Am I doing
something wrong?

I'm asking this because when I tried to build, I got this error:

============
$ make html-pt_BR
mkdir -p pt_BR
po2xml en/ArchSpecific.xml po/pt_BR.po >pt_BR/ArchSpecific.xml
mkdir -p pt_BR
po2xml en/ArchSpecificPPC.xml po/pt_BR.po >pt_BR/ArchSpecificPPC.xml

can't find

After using Open<emphasis role="strong"></emphasis>Firmware to boot the
CD, the bootloader (yaboot) should automatically boot the 64-bit installer.

in

After using Open<emphasis role='strong'></emphasis>Firmware to boot the
CD, the bootloader (yaboot) should automatically boot the 64-bit
installer. </para>

make: *** [pt_BR/ArchSpecificPPC.xml] Error 1
============

And I don't have any idea what to do. What are the procedures?

And just to finish this message, I corrected some minor speling and
grammar errors in the Wiki Beats, so based in the Wiki changes the
responsables (Bob?) could commit to cvs.

Thanks and sorry for the incovenience!

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds