PROPOSAL: Create docs-bug list.

Jesús Franco tezcatl at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 24 05:06:34 UTC 2010

I'm cc'ing this thread to translators, because we really need most ideas like this one, in order to tracking more easily our own bugs.

EL Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:40:51 -0500
"Eric \"Sparks\" Christensen" <sparks at fedoraproject.org> escribió:

> On 11/19/2010 12:42 PM, daniel cabrera wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 11:19 -0500, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on having a docs-bug list where people can subscribe and
> >> get a copy of all BZ tickets that are assigned for the Project?
> >>
> >> - --Eric
> >
> > Just one.
> > Would it be a good idea to create a component (or something like it) for
> > each language? I'm thinking mostly in the guides, and assuming that most
> > of the bugs are typos or missing strings to translate. If those errors
> > can be directly assigned to the translation teams, not only they'll be
> > solved faster, but you guys will be less overwhelmed.
> > Regards,
> > Daniel Cabrera (es)

Actually, we have components for languages (i don't know since when);
This for Spanish (es):

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=fl10n-es-bugs

Product: Fedora Localization; Component: Spanish

> I wonder if this couldn't be done using the existing L10n components.
> If someone submitted a ticket with a translation bug it could be sent
> over to the appropriate language component.
>
> - --Eric

As i've pointed above, we have the tools yet, but we are not using it, i think. Maybe lack of training?

Everybody, please share your search parameters to found bugs, i have this:

Product: Fedora;	Keywords: Translation;	New, Assigned, Modified
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=f-trans

Product: Fedora Documentation;	Keywords: translation; N, A, M, V, Closed.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=f-docs-l10n

Product: Fedora Localization; Status: Mod, New, Assigned, ON_DEV, ON_QA, RELEASE_PENDING, POST
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=fl10n_gral

Having *just one* bugs list would be a great tool to handle the ubiquitous newcomers to docs or translation teams, showing them a single source to suscribe for lot of tasks. I think in a pretty easy address to include in feedback/translation notes; something like the feedback for webmaster at fedoraproject.org would be better (being forwarded to websites at l.fp.o list without hassle). I have the feeling we lose a lot of feedback (i'm thinking a lot of translation bugs, you know) since the process to file a single bug forces anyway to create an account into Bugzilla.

Anyway, for everybody looking for something to do about docs&L10N bugs:

http://ur1.ca/2f286

Well, you know, maybe it would be better a docs-bugs list and a separate trans-bugs list. Again, something not demanding one more register process for people kind enough to file a bug, even in an informal way.

Kind regards,
Jesús Franco
http://identi.ca/tzk