PROPOSAL: Create docs-bug list.

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 24 14:00:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen
<sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Any thoughts on having a docs-bug list where people can subscribe and
> get a copy of all BZ tickets that are assigned for the Project?
>
> - --Eric

Permit me to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Would this be mandatory for docs group members to join?
(I am supposing the answer to the above to be no) So only those who
want to get a copy of all bugs. Why would they not just add themselves
to watchbugzilla? (Actually now that I think about it, that might not
be an option for non-packages, but I am pretty sure bugzilla has a
function to let you receive a copy of all of a component's bugs)
So my fear really is this - we'll point new people to this bug list,
they'll subscribe and they'll be overwhelmed. I know that just the
relnotes content and the IG bugs are a pretty heavy load. I'd rather
describe a process where a person can watch a specific documents bugs
rather than get the firehose. (while not as bad as docs-commits, I
imagine it'd still be relatively high-traffic and for most people, low
relevance)

What other benefits accrue to having a list for these bugs?