Beta documentation: upgrades

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 22:48:32 UTC 2012

Hey, folks. I just wanted to check in and see if someone's on top of
documenting the upgrade process for Beta, as it's still somewhat manual.
I don't believe it's going to be as simple as 'yum install fedup; fedup'
- it'll at least involve feeding an explicit URL to fedup.

We have a test case that documents the current procedure:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_upgrade_fedup_cli_previous_desktop

I believe the target URL will change for the public release, but the
procedure I think will stay more or less the same.

Does someone want to co-ordinate with wwoods and tflink (who know the
most about fedup, I think) to make sure this is documented in the Beta
relnotes or whatever? Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey