Fedora User Guide

Ben Cotton bcotton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 15 13:25:34 UTC 2013

I really like the idea of having a User Guide, even if it is a
duplication of some information. It makes the distro more approachable
to newer users. On the other hand, the "current" User Guide is quite a
behemoth, which makes it hard to maintain. When major changes like
Gnome 3 happen, it's even worse.

I'd be okay with pulling the plug on the User Guide.

Thanks,
BC

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Petr Kovar <pkovar at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> During the docs meeting last week, we discussed deprecating the Fedora User
> Guide. This guide has not been updated since F14 (so it still documents
> GNOME 2 etc.) and has no active maintainer. There are several bugs open
> against the guide, but nobody is working on them.
>
> In the current form, the guide pretty much duplicates end-user help for
> individual desktop environments and applications available on Fedora, so I
> propose to formally deprecate the guide and close the bugs.
>
> Comments?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Petr Kovar