Defensive and secure coding guide: call for renaming files

Petr Bokoc pbokoc at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 16:07:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 08/26/2013 03:56 AM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> <snip>
>
> * The Fedora Install guide at the moment has close to 1000 files. I
> can tell you, it is arguably the ugliest project on Transifex. :-)
>    https://fedora.transifex.com/projects/p/fedora-install-guide/resources/
The Fedora Install Guide is not being translated in Transifex anymore;
it has been moved to Zanata and the Transifex files are not updated for
Fedora 19. The Zanata instance has "only" 759 files :). Yes, it's still
ugly, I'm working on that.

https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/project/view/fedora-installation-guide

I understand that it might seem unusual and even counter-productive to
split translation projects between two separate systems, with this guide
being the only one being translated elsewhere. See this e-mail in the
list archive from the guide's previous maintainer explaining the reasons
behind the decision:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/2013-April/014951.html.

Your e-mail pointed out something that I feel should be addressed
though. There seems to be some confusion at this point about the
Transifex instance. Is there a way to somehow mark it as obsolete, make
it read-only or just hide or even delete it? It doesn't seem like a good
decision to keep the guide in Transifex and having unsuspecting
translators possibly waste their time working on an obsolete project.