Virt getting started guide chapters

Glen Rundblom glen at rundblom.com
Tue Jun 23 01:12:28 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 08:14 AM, Sandra McCann wrote:
> I like the idea of a 'why to use virtualization'. This will be very
> handy if we do put docker in that guide.
>
> I'd like to see docker documented, the question I have (being a total
> noob for containers) - would someone looking for docker go to a
> virtualization guide??
>
> Sandra
>
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Glen Rundblom <glen at rundblom.com
> <mailto:glen at rundblom.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     I was looking over the wiki page outline for the virtualization
>     getting started guide, and thought two things:
>
>     1. Do we need a chapter (3) on why someone should use virtualization
>     2. I think we should include a chapter about Docker
>
>     I was thinking about Docker because to overcome the publican
>     problems in Fedora22 I built a Fedora21 image with publican so I
>     can build the guides. It occurred to me that it probably should be
>     in the guide as well.
>
>     Respectfully,
>     -Glen
>
>     --

Well, I was thinking about if Dockers and virtualization, and I can
think that they are similar in that they are trying to create
portability and isolation. Maybe this shared similarity is reason enough
to include them?
Like right now I am using Fedora21 in a docker image for publican, but I
want to avoid running a full version of Fedora 21 in gnome-boxes or
virtualbox if I just want publican.