planning a package review (virtual) activity day for SCL package review

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:44:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:42:02AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Hi everyone. We have about 60 packages in the Ruby SCL proposed for Fedora
> 21 (see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ruby193_in_SCL, and as I
> understand it, intended to be fundamentally similar to
> http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhscl/ruby193/).
>
> We need to get these packages reviewed and any issues quickly resolved. To
> that end, I'd like to organize a virtual Fedora Activity Day. Let's first
> figure out who is interested and available to help, and then we can schedule
> a time when packagers and reviewers are both available to go through the
> list.
>
> Who's in?

Tell me if this is a crazy idea, but would it make sense to have a
"primer" day to make sure everyone understands how to apply the
guidelines and do a review?  That would allow people who don't do
reviews often to participate too.  If that seems like too much work
for little return, though, nix the idea. ;-)