EPEL quick epel7 update

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Jun 16 19:24:29 UTC 2014

On 06/16/2014 12:15 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Just a quick update:
>
> * I am working to get the final rhel7 content lined up for building
>    against in koji, as soon as that goes live I'll drop a note here.

Great, thanks.

> * When do we want to look at leaving beta status for epel7?
> I'd suggest we should definitely give CentOS time to release, but
> should we have any other critera?

That seems like a reasonable criterie.

> * There's a number of broken deps in the repo currently. Before leaving
>    beta should we drop packages with broken deps? I'd really prefer not
>    to ship with any. We could also force all packages with broken deps
>    into testing or something.

We need a broken deps report as well.  I'm fine with either dropping or moving
to testing.

> * When should we retire the epel7 wiki page for requests? I think
>    personally, I would be ok dropping that now.

I'm still finding chunks of packages to branch, so I'd like to keep it for a
while longer.  Still haven't built octave and packages yet.

> Any other thoughts around epel7?

I'd still like a python 3 solution that allows us to build python3 packages
directly as done in Fedora, but I just don't have time to do much more here.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com