[FAmSCo] Fedora Ambassador Mentors Survey

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 21 08:09:17 UTC 2010

Dear Ambassador Mentors and FAmSCo Members,

first i want to thank all of you, for your continuously work to help new
Candidates!

With the recent changes to make it more clear how to join the
Ambassadors[1], we saw that we have still much potential to have
improvement in our Membership Work. There are also recurrent discussions
to raise the barriers to join Ambassadors[2].

To learn if and how we can do better, i want to ask you to answer the
following Questions (thanks sankarshan for the help) and send them *back
to me* so i can collect and aggregate them in the wiki. If some
questions do not apply for you, just skip them.

Thanks all for you time, Joerg

###### Mentors Survey #########
What were your expectations when you signed up to become a mentor?

How much of these have been met in the current form of the
mentor-candidate relationship?

Do Mentors have enough feedback on the accountability and transparency
of the system with https://fedorahosted.org/fama/?

Do you consider the need for any tooling to help with this
workflow(Memberhsip Wizard was a big improvement!)?

Do we need higher entry barriers for Ambassadors (examples: requiring
some time in the Fedora Project, CLA+1, proven work on tasks)?

We had discussion on Mentors who were proposed as a Mentor without
running a single Event before, do we need more entry requirements for
Ambassador Mentors?

Do you think the Mentoring Process[3] is clear enough?

Do you feel that your Region is well enough covered with Mentors?

Should Mentors meet?

If yes, how often?

Do you think Ambassadors Mentoring brought quality improvement to the
Ambassadors Group?

Can you think of any other improvements/suggestions we should focus in
the future to have a better Membership experience?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_start
[2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-May/000187.html
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/fama/wiki/mentoring
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688