[FAmSCo] Changing the role of FAmSCo

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 4 11:49:38 UTC 2010

I fully agree with this proposal with some minor changes ;)

Am 03.11.2010 20:14, schrieb David Nalley:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>> While I won't be running for FAmSCo next year, I do think we need to
>> consider changing FAmSCo's role.

s/changing/enhance/ maybe ;)

>> I propose we change that to:
>> To provide budget governance for the Fedora Project and to provide the
>> governance and support structure necessary to assist and enable Fedora
>> Ambassadors worldwide.

s/Ambassadors/Contributors/

>> It's not secret that we are heavily involved in the premier events and
>> becoming more so on a regular basis.

yes, seems we had a good decission-making meeting for FUDCon LATAM 2011

>> 2. We need to ensure that people know that money isn't just for Ambassadors

as we already talked on irc i have this as one of my goals for my board
nomination

- make other Groups inside Fedora aware that there is a ressource and
budget management already in FAmSCo together with Comm-Arch, which is in
transition right now and work together so all can rely on here in the
future

>> 4. We need a wordsmith better than I to craft the mission more eloquently.

;) you are very eloquent

>> 5. We need to change our method of operation. We need to actively look
>> for opportunities to fund things that bring benefit to Fedora.

this remembers me that we wanted to work on
establish measurability for Success of Events to know where our money is
spent well

Thanks David this is really something important and i hope that we find
a good consense in the group to make a proposal on the advisory board

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688