[FAmSCo] Please have a look at "I wish the FAmSCo looked into these"

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 4 22:23:46 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Caius 'kaio' Chance
> <kaio at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org>
> > wrote:
> >> I am also investigating the viability to have Fedora Classroom as a
> >> side-project who works on creating educational material which can help
> >> with improving the skills and sharing of knowledge. This can be seen
> >> as an added-value (working on commitment) for members of our
> >> community, eg. Ambassador, but is of course not Fedora-exclusive.
> > In the previous fam-apac meetings with fams in apac, we have agreed to
> > suggest for help to promote professional certifications provided by RH
> such
> > as RHCE, RHCT (renamed I think), etc.
>
> The Fedora Classroom is not focussed or tailored towards RHCE, but a
> repository and project for providing teaching material on all kinds of
> subjects, from Software Development methodologies, project management
> to packaging priactices, etc.
>
> >This can be clarified with RH legal. Fedora Classroom without mentioning
> about "for RHCE" is the bottom line I guess.
>
> I understand your concern, but I do not think this apply directly as
> the nature of the proposal stretches further as can be seen on the
> following page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom The idea is to
> work on the promotion of the current initiative and maturing it.
>

> Gerard
>
> --
> Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
>    Project-lead Fedora-MIPS
>    Regional Mentor for APAC/China, Member of FAmSCo
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:gbraad

I am 100% support the Fedora Classroom and willing to donate myself to get
certain qualification for teaching RHCE if required even.

I have seen some interests from Fedora users from the FAm list. Keep going!

K410

--
Regards ☺ Caius 'kaio' Chance
Fedora Project Contributor - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kaio