[FAmSCo] Paypal fee with reimbursements

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 18:10:13 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 03.03.2013 16:20, Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:
>> I suggest CC holders (by regions, e.g. EMEA, APAC) could (are allowed to)
>> decide to pay some additional bucks to cover PayPal fees.
>
> I do not agree here for two reasons
> 1. i do not reimburse only one country but a lot different, with
> different fees for every country - the fee is not transparent to me as
> the sender - for china i got a feedback it will be 50USD fee to transfer
> 200 USD ... !?

Aha! New information. Yeah, I agree it is way to messy if the finance
charges are not simple and uniform.

> 2. i handle money which does belong RedHat and not me - i will reimburse
> what i can nail down to a invoice

I certainly did not mean anyone should reimburse more than that amount.

I will step aside now and let the people directly affected who know
more about how things work in their parts of the world figure out how
to best manage this just leaving for the record that it does not
affect North America.

John