DVD installation experience

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Aug 24 13:22:39 UTC 2009

Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> So is there a way we can change this? Or was this already discussed (and
> rejected) in the past? Or should we simply advice KDE users to use the
> live images and avoid the DVD?

The only real solution would be to have a desktop selection screen in
Anaconda before the package selection and have conditionals in comps based
on the choice made there. This has been met with resistance, and also nobody
has proposed an implementation (but I'm not all that keen about implementing
it because I'm fairly sure the patch will be rejected anyway :-/ ).

So IMHO the KDE Live CD is the only option we can really recommend to KDE
users at this time.

        Kevin Kofler