[Fedora-spins] Excluding *.i?86 on x86_64 images

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Mar 8 15:20:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

As you can see on http://www.kanarip.com/revisor/, a lot of x86_64 spins
fail composing against rawhide because of file-level conflicts between a
.i?86 and a .x86_64 package.

For the Fedora 9 & 10 respins (also on that page), I resolved this by
excluding all .i?86 packages from the YUM repositories (through
Revisor's YUM configuration file used for each spin respectively). As a
side-effect of removing *.i?86, the size of the spins also decreased a
little.

If I do the same for rawhide spins, the compose process I use for these
daily spins stops reflecting what happens during the "official" composes
by the Fedora Project. There's a subtle difference in these two
processes already, but at least now we can be sure that if Revisor
errors out, so would livecd-tools.

What do you think? Should I exclude all .i?86 packages on x86_64 spins?
If we do, can we make sure this happens during the official composes as
well -without forcing Release Engineering to use revisor-cli instead of
livecd-tools?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip