[Fedora-spins] Spin for DF-Day

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 00:53:58 UTC 2009

2009/3/10 Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>> Any spin should work; https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/browser/
>> has a full list of available spins. You might want to start looking at
>> the fedora-livecd-desktop.ks, or fedora-livecd-kde.ks
>
> livecd/dvds are slow and there are too many around. I think install
> dvds will find more takers.

When they run of the disc yes, they are very slow. When you run it off a USB stick it runs considerably faster. On the other hand, when you use install medium, it has to be installed which requires writing to the hard drive. You might want to have a look at using LiveUSB media here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo

-Yaakov