[Fedora-spins] Board SWG questions for Spins Owners

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Mon Mar 1 15:38:17 UTC 2010

Christoph, thanks for your insighful comments. I've incorporated them
into the discussion the SWG is having today.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 02:25:27PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> However I think we should not advocate remixes, at least not if they are
> questionable. I never understood why the board approved the Fedora
> Russia Remix and allowed it to use the Fedora trademark. It contains
> non-free software or codecs and thus violates our very basic
> foundations.

On this point, I think there is confusion.

The Board did not grant a trademark license for a Fedora Russia
remix.  Remixes are explicitly not granted trademark licenses.

The Board did grant a trademark license for the web site name,
russianfedora.ru, as is our practice for community web sites.

The board did grant a trademark license for non-software goods
(e.g. T-shirts), however, this does not appear to have been completed
by Alexey or anyone else in the Russian Fedora organization.

Thanks,
Matt