[Fedora-spins] Talking Points, Spin summaries

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:28:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 09:18:09AM +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen
> <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
> > Hey there,
> >
> > Spin maintainers are kindly requested to take a look at their spin
> > summaries and detailed descriptions (on their Spins Page).
> >
> > These paragraphs will be used all over the fedoraproject.org realm of
> > things, such as, like last release:
> >
> > http://spins.fedoraunity.org/
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points
> >
> > etc., etc., etc.
>

> So can you please explain what has changed recently about this Talking
> points issue ?
> Paul deleted twice FEL's one paragraph on F-12 talking points. What
> tells me that the time spent to write something for FEL would not be
> spent for nothing ?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_12_Talking_Points&diff=154071&oldid=134124

Hi Chitlesh,

The talking points for F13 are scheduled to contain the following:

* Highlighted pointers to brand-new spins this release (4 in all -
  Moblin, SoaS, Design Suite, and Security)

* Pointers to existing pages on spins.fedoraproject.org, where spin
  owners can post their own talking points or other updated materials
  to show off what's new in their spins

We are also working on some website updates that will better promote
spins.fedoraproject.org, such as fixing the right-hand side boxes on
get.fedoraproject.org to feature a link to spins.fp.o.  We created the
spins sites at spins.fp.o so that every spin owner would have a choice
for what content to offer their users, and could update that content
as often as desired.  We also offer subdomain entries for those spin
owners who want them, e.g. http://kde.fedoraproject.org .

The talking points were never meant to collect all the updates to
every spin for each release.  If they did, they would quickly expand
in size until they were too big to be useful.  I tried to explain the
rationale earlier[1], but maybe I didn't do it well.

* * *
[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-January/013347.html