[Fedora-spins] Talking Points, Spin summaries

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 19:30:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chitlesh,
>
> The talking points for F13 are scheduled to contain the following:
>
> * Highlighted pointers to brand-new spins this release (4 in all -
>  Moblin, SoaS, Design Suite, and Security)

Hello there,

You mentioned _brand-new spins_. Jeroen called spin maintainers
(assuming all) to write something. Who's to listen ? Note that some of
us contribute in our free time, thus it is sad to waste time on
non-productive items.

> The talking points were never meant to collect all the updates to
> every spin for each release.  If they did, they would quickly expand
> in size until they were too big to be useful.  I tried to explain the
> rationale earlier[1], but maybe I didn't do it well.

I like the fact that you mentioned _all the updates_. Please read
again all the threads with respect to this since, on F-12 talking
points it was only one paragraph about a major work done with respect
to FEL. Unlike any other spin, FEL spin is the only one which provides
a FULL (more than 25 pages) update release notes [1] for F-12. As a
Fedora ambassador, I know which information which needs to be conveyed
and which information even Fedora ambassadors don't know - because
information is not being spread internally.

[1]: http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf

Chitlesh