[Fedora-spins] IMPORTANT: currently failing nightly spins

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:48:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> Possibly. At this point you probably need to discuss with release
> engineering as they have probably already done the builds for the release.
> They would possibly be willing to do a respin of Robotics since it's
> not one of the major spins.
>
> In general this is way late to be finding this kind of issue. If the spin
> required these features it should have been discovered back at alpha. If
> there was a change in requirements, that change should probably have been
> deferred until F17.
>
> I want to do another spin kickstarts based on what we actually use for the
> release as a zero day update. Please don't commit the change to the F16
> branch for now unless rel-eng is going to do a respin with the change.
> Once I get a version with the actually ks files used for the release in
> updates
> we can do another spin-kickstarts with errata for people doing their own
> spins post release.

Understood.  We were kind of in a holding pattern with the robotics spin
until we were granted preliminary approval a couple of weeks ago, so we're
playing catch-up trying to get everything ready for the f16 release.

I commented on the f16 spins ticket at [1] asking about a recompose.
 Either way I'll push the update to master tonight, and if it's possible to
respin the robotics livedvd we can cherry-pick it to F-16.

Thanks,

Rich

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4964