[Fedora-spins] spins in f19

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 28 21:05:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 14:30:43 -0600,
   Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

>El Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:38:54 -0600
>Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> escribió:
>
>> Are we going to start doing all spins at alpha and beta again? For a
>> while we had only been doing the desktop spins. This makes it easier
>> for oversights to go unnoticed.
>
>No we will not be doing all spins at alph and Beta only GA, the
>nightlies are there for testing all of them. its not that they are not
>being made just how they are made and shipped.

Since releng is using koji, this isn't that important. One can check the
nightlies to make sure things are working. I was worried that looking
at the nightlies might not show problems occuring in releng's build
process.

>I honestly want to kill off spins as it stands. make just the 5 desktop
>spins as livecds. redefine things in someother way. maybe its going to
>be f20 or later before we can. but I do think we need to look at better
>ways to get the end results.

Suprisingly I am not that big of a fan of having lots of prebuilt live images.
I think building them when you want them is better, since you start with
up to date packages. Having the recipies (whether ks files or this new ansible
proposal) seems better. With us dropping the CD size limit, we might be
able to post a single DVD sized live image that allows people to try out
all of the desktops.