Flock voting issues

Truong Anh Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sat Jun 6 02:45:35 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I think the idea to sponsor some most active people in local/regional
communities is good. It is not about an award for their active
contributions or things like that (we are almost volunteers and we do
not expect those kinds of prize when we do contributing to the project)
but it is about they have got a lot of things in their minds to share
with and to improve the whole community.

Following this way, I think it is better to sponsor for people who most
active in their specific areas, e.g. devel, packaging, docs, ambassadors,
globalization, marketing, design, etc. in short, FOSCo/FAmSCo and FESCo
members and some other people.

We will have some other ways to choose the right person to sponsor
(voting is one of these). Nothing is perfect and we may sometimes miss
some people. But I think mixing all of these, we will have the best list
of person to sponsor to each Flock.

Rgds,
Tuan