Bus proposal

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:59:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 08:36:42AM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> On 11/03/2009 07:32 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > *Finally* got the bus proposal on paper from Local Motion of Boston.
> > Everything was in order, and the base cost for the bus is $2700 as
> > expected.  However, we also need to cover two nights of hotel for the
> > driver and a gratuity.  I would expect that shouldn't be more than
> > an additional $450.
>
> I quickly updated the spreadsheet linked to from
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_budget to
> reflect this. For transit costs, we are now at:
>
> Bus deposit: $750
> Bus balance: $1950 (for a total bus cost of $2700)
> Driver:      $450  (for a total bus and driver cost of $3150)
>
> ...which leaves us with $296.27 of budget wiggle-room. A little close.
>
> This assumes $1490 for tshirts and $1000 for Saturday's lunch, which -
> aside from some minor travel and everyone's hotel which we're going to
> book in one fell swoop - are the only remaining items I can see in the
> budget that haven't been completely spec'd out.
>
> All yours, Max. :)

I have a feeling we might wind up with a few hundred more dollars in
hotel costs -- simply making up the difference in rooms where one
roommate is staying an additional night, or other assorted oopses.  As
closely as we try to figure things, we always end up with some goof,
but Max has consistently been easy-going about very small overages.
As long as we aren't showing up suddenly with a bunch of charges that
are way out of whack with our estimates, I think we're going to be
OK.

Mel, you've done a great job helping to keep all the costs tracked
here and I greatly appreciate your hard work.  And that goes for Chris
Tyler, too, and all the work he's done helping us obtain estimates,
deliver contracts, and book the other stuff we need for a successful
FUDCon.  You guys are teh awsum.