FUDBus route?

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 02:10:50 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 06:18 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

>> Paul, do you know if this is something we need to work out with the bus
>> company ahead of time, or is it something that Ian and I (as the bus
>> monitors) can talk with the bus driver about on Friday morning when we
>> hop on at Alewife?
>>
>> I'm assuming that there'll be vegetarian food *somewhere* along whatever
>> route we take, it's just a matter of how strictly stops are scheduled -
>> are they preplanned, can we requests stops anywhere and anytime as long
>> as our total stop time doesn't exceed N hours, etc.
>>
>> What's the FUDBus API?
>
> The route is undoubtedly along I-90 West.  You'll be able to set up
> stops with the bus driver in the morning.  The route has plentiful
> places to stop for food, but it would make sense to have the "bus
> monitor committee" figure out what stop would make the most sense from
> the standpoint of accommodating everyone.  If you need assistance in
> planning, I'd ask some of the vegetarians you know for a helping hand!

I think we're going to be OK then. I'm sure we'll have a #fudbus channel
open and people mapping out nearby food spots... when the "oh, this
restaurant is near *HINT-HINT*" traffic starts rising on the channel
(around lunchtime and around dinnertime and etc) we'll make a stop, and
ask vegetarians for help/preferences, and all that good stuff. :)

Oh, I am *so* looking forward to the FUDBus.

--Mel