For the next FUDCon: open source event recording

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 16:48:42 UTC 2009

http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/node/596

"At FOSSLC, we have been recording events for nearly two years now. We
have hundreds of talks available online for free from our videos
library. Along the way, as a non-profit organization, we've had to get
ruthlessly efficient in how we do things. The technology used to record
events is a good example of this. I would like to share the history and
progression regarding how we drove down the cost and size of our video
recording solution by an order of magnitude in both dimensions. We'd
also like to announce a new open source project."

The open source project being announced is their talk recording
software. It doesn't record full motion speaker video (it streams the
VGA output from the speaker's computer instead) but other than that it
sounds pretty sweet; might be something to evaluate for the next FUDCon
once it's released.

--Mel