Punting on Sunday/Monday lunches

Chris Tyler ctyler at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 2 19:19:43 UTC 2009

In the IRC meeting yesterday, we discussed the idea of having people do
their own lunch on Sunday-Monday, and decided to discuss this on-list.

Pros:
- Saves money, which could be used for more travel sponsorships.
- Lets people eat when/what they want.

Cons:
- People will have to wander off in search of food.
- Loss of focus/energy on hackfests.

To consider:
- The SEQ and TEL buildings each have decent food available *in the
building*, i.e., fresh pizza (Pizza Pizza); made-to-order Asian stirfry,
burgers, and pitas; salads, fruit, cold drinks, and Tim Horton's. (I'm
checking that this is open on Sunday).
- There's a food court an easy 5-10 minute walk away (including Subway,
Wendy's, KFC/Taco Bell, and Greek/Italian/Chinese).

So, are we good to drop Sunday/Monday lunches?

-Chris