Times

Chris Tyler ctyler at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 19 03:05:55 UTC 2009

Pfft, I just saw that this was rejected by the list back on Monday
because I sent from the wrong address. Fwiw...

---

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 17:22 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The original vision of the user track was to be more of a day-long
> session.  But I can see how offering instead a set of simple topics in
> 45-minute chunks would be helpful.  Is that what you're suggesting?

Sure! We're all users, and I think that being able to mix and match
would have more value than placing a wall between the two groups of
tracks.

I think it would also be easier to get speakers for the user track if
it's cleanly divided into segments. You could even have a basic user
track of sessions:
- Installing Fedora
- How to add and remove packages
- Basic configuration of Fedora in common residential network scenarios
- How to use audio (e.g., to set different volumes for different apps)

...and an intermediate user track:
- Communicating with the community - using the mailing lists, IRC, and
reading the planet
- Intro to Packaging
- How to file a bug
- How to participate in test days

(I'm trying to talk some Seneca faculty into taking some sessions in the
user tracks).

--
Chris