International visas

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Aug 24 13:38:39 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, August 24, 2010 07:27:45 am María Leandro wrote:
> Hello
>
> There are also countries where to ask for a visa you need to have already
> paid the plain ticket, and add a copy of it to the request (with some other
> documents)

To get my visa for Brasil I had to already have purchased a Plane ticket and
submit a copy of my travel info with the application. though my visa took 3
days to process.  some embassys were longer. I think Toshisos was 10 days.
Each embassy did tell you the exact processing time

Dennis

> In my case, visa for Venezuelan people also takes a couple of months.
>
> (note: I will travel with european (spain) passport, so I won't need visa
> afaik)
You will need to get a ESTA  (Electronic travel authorisation)
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/